The CGOA’s annual Design Competition for 2013 will be accepting electronic entries starting August 1, 2013 with deadline of entries to be received Sept. 6, 2013. You must be a member of the CGOA to participate. To join or for more information go to http://www.crochet.org
1 year’s membership in the CGOA is $35 and comes with a free subscription to Crochet! Magazine.
The Competition judging and awards ceremony will take place in Charlotte, NC at the CGOA Conference, Oct. 2-6, 2013. You do not have to attend the conference to participate or win.
Prizes are: Grand Prize – $1,000; 1st – $300, 2nd – $200, 3rd – $100 in each of the 6 categories.
1.Fashion: garments fitted to the body, including sweaters, tops, jackets, skirts, gowns and dresses.
2. Accessories: larger fashion accessories not fitted to the body, including wraps, shawls, and capes.
3. Small Accessories: anything small scale, socks, scarves, cowls, hats, bags, belts and jewelry.
4. Afghans and Home Decor: any and all afghans, throws, blankets and bed or sofa covers and any décor items not in thread.
5. Thread Crochet: anything made with crochet thread or lace/fine weight yarns, including doilies, baby items, garments and accessories.
6. Artistic Expressions: designs more artistic rather than functional in nature, including free-form and mixed media pieces, hangings, sculpture, wearable art, amigurumi and novelty items.
If you are unsure of the category, do not worry, entries may be shifted to the most appropriate category at the discretion of the committee/judges. If your entry is an ensemble or grouping, please include no more than three individual elements or pieces per single entry. You may submit as many entries in as many categories as you like.
Fees: A $15 fee is required for the first entry plus $10 for each additional separate entry (make one check for all entries payable to CGOA). Entry fees cover return shipping, but you are responsible for the cost of shipping your design to the receiving location by the deadline, September 6, 2013.
I plan to enter some things this year. I hope you will take a look at the CGOA and see for yourself what it is all about!